Occupational pension regulation
New Occupational pension regulation
On the 8th of December 2016 the Council of Ministers for Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs formally accepted the revised occupational pension directive; IORP II. After publication in the EU’s official journal, a two-year implementation period begins. This means that the IORP II directive will take effect from January 2019.
The IORP II directive represents a modernization and updating of existing occupational pensions directive. The main objectives of the amendments are to clarify the rules for cross-border activities, ensure good corporate governance and risk management, improve information to member and beneficiaries, to ensure effective supervision and to strengthen occupational pension institutes role as long-term investors.
New Swedish occupational pension regulation
In Sweden, a new regulation concerning occupational pension companies is to be sent on remittance during the fall of 2017. The occupational pension regulation will be based on the IORP II directive, national rules from the proposal “En ny reglering för tjästepensionsföretag” (SOU 2014:57), and a supplementary reinforced solvency regulation.
Currently, a period of transitional regulation is in force for insurance companies engaged in occupational pension activities, occupational pension funds and pension funds.
FCG has one of the largest teams on the market for qualified risk, compliance and actuarial consultants, combined with a broad understanding of occupational pension activities and regulations.
FCG delivers customized solutions tailored to the needs of the company, with focus on the customer and business benefits.
FCG offers you:
- A partner who can support in both daily and strategic work.
- A partner who has a wide expertise and range of services in corporate governance, risk management, compliance, capital management and business execution.
- A partner that offer a complete solution throughout the value chain, from strategy, analysis, implementation and management, providing added value and understanding for each separate step.
- A partner who has extensive experience in the insurance industry, good knowledge of best practice and experience of interpreting, analyzing and implementing regulations.
- A partner that offer simple, effective and custom tailored solutions for your Company.
- A partner who enables you to stay competitive and ensures that customer and business benefits are achieved, while at the same time complying with internal and external rules and regulations.
FCG’s offer in occupational pension comprises of, among others:
- Advice and training.
- GAP-analyis and implementation.
- Project management.
- Resource support and outsourcing.
- Analyses and calculations.
- Control and validation.
- Audit and second opinion.